Back in the day

I was thinking about fbodyfreak's Mustang race. Back in the day a guy could take a quick look under the hood listen to the engine, smell the exhaust and
just about tell how quick a car was. Now with NOS, and forced induction you can't tell shit. It's almost easier to see if they built the rear end. Sometimes change isn't so great. Remove spam to email.
puked:

And back in the day you would have to have a dedicated drag car to make the HP that minor modifications make to modern cars. Ya have to take the good with the bad... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Maybe I outta shoot some of that funny gas into the 496BBC in my 81 Bird. Then again maybe not. It already cracked the windshield. But dam that would be fun.
Remove spam to email

I just had to replace the windshield on my 78 firebird. It cracked from the bottom corner towards the middle. Is it engine power that did it ? or bumpy roads ?
Rich

Both. My '78 camaro used to twist under heavy load. As the screen is used to stiffen the body it will crack eventually as many have, here in the UK. I had a set of cut down big block springs on the front which were too stiff for the rest of the structure to cope. A Set of SFC's or cage structure would have made an enoumous difference.
HTH
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6 terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy /

I think my crack may have been caused by engine torque. It sounds like yours cracked in the same place. I added a set of frame connectors and it seemed to slow down the crack. If I had these installed sooner the crack might not have started in the first place. My original idea was to use this 81 Firebird body to debug my 496 then switch the engine and tranny into a Malibu. Once I drove it, I knew I had to keep it, even though it isn't in the best shape. Eventually I'll add a rollbar and clean up the paint. With 15" 60 series BFG TA tires and 3.73 gears, 1st and 2nd gears in the auto tranny are almost worthless. All it wants to do is fry the tires. She's a keeper. Remove spam to email.
You are full of shit.

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4194 when it was sent, using definitions version 9513