Brake cylider retainer installation

Hey guys,
I've searched the web and can only find the tool for removal of that stupid retainer on the wheel cylinders (drum brakes) for my '90 TA.
However, now that I've replaced the cylider, I can not get the new
retainer on. Is there an easy way to do this? My last resort will be to disconect the rear brake line at the rear to remove it to give me room to use a socket and C-clamp, but I'm hoping there's a better way.
TIA, Anthony -- Anthony T. "Citizens of Anvilania, I stand before you, because if I was behind you, you couldn't see me." -- Yakko Warner