brake rotor recommendations?

I'm looking into upgrading to slotted rotors on my 2001 Firebird Formula. I checked out some of the offerings at Vette Brakes (www.vbandp.com), which is
located in FL. They look a wee bit pricey to me -- does anyone have any tried and true recommendations?
TIA, ~w~
: I'm looking into upgrading to slotted rotors on my 2001 Firebird Formula. I : checked out some of the offerings at Vette Brakes (www.vbandp.com), which is : located in FL. They look a wee bit pricey to me -- does anyone have any : tried and true recommendations? : : TIA, : ~w~
I've been genuinely happy with the Powerslot rotors I put on my car and KVM pads.
MM....nummy.....troll bait.
Not only doesn't Howie Da'Troll offer a suggestion as the subject would indicate, but it (trolls are its) offers a failed experiment on its Dodge Truck, which is hardly relevant.
I stand by my recommendation and would suggest it again in a heartbeat. But, as always, you are ultimately responsible for your actions and can take the troll at its word too.
: do not use powerslots! they r the worst ive seen! had a pr crystalize on : my 97 dodge truck that were only 2 1/2 months old, bout 3 years back! : they wouldnt warrantee either! still saving them for when i take a trip : in their area...gonna throw em thru front window! : : Weland wrote: : > I'm looking into upgrading to slotted rotors on my 2001 Firebird Formula. I : > checked out some of the offerings at Vette Brakes (www.vbandp.com), which is : > located in FL. They look a wee bit pricey to me -- does anyone have any : > tried and true recommendations? : > : > TIA, : > ~w~ : > : > :
GLK9MM Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

GLK, good advice as always.
As for the troll....
http://home.fuse.net/thund3rstruck/trolls.jpg
That pix explains it all. <G>
Trolls, the other rotten white meat. <G>
NOI
writes:

Try rockauto.com for better pricing, hopefully. I bought rotors for my '96 from there.
--
'96 Bird T-Tops 3.8L 5-speed...love those gears

: I am not sure that slotted rotors are an "upgrade" except in a cosmetic : sense. I'd spend the money on something that improves performance, like a : set of performance pads, unless the rotors need replacing anyway. : : Rich Krause
Rich, The physics behind slotted rotors is simply that they "should" cool faster and thereby reduce warp rate and increase life. Warppage is all a function of friction any way so in a sense, you are correct. It all comes down to the material of the rotor and the material of the pad, etc. etc. etc.