camaro seat back release knob

I am trying to remove the plastic knob on the seat back release lever. A picture of it is here:

I need to get this little thing off so I can slide the seat cover up and off for an upholstery repair:

There is a small hole on the side of this knob but it appears to be just a hole. I can see bare steel but no allen hex, slot or torx screw. One would think this hole is for pushing against a tab to release the knob. This doesn't work. I've tried prying along the inside of the back of knob, looking for a release tab but seem to have found nothing. I've also tried simple prying but have come to the limit where I figure any more and it will be broken.

If you have any knowledge of how to remove this knob without breaking it, please let me know.

Reply to
Messenger

It's probably a pin holding it in. A small drift may allow you to push the pin out one side for removal.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Thanks but the hole is in one side only. I've looked in side and see no features. I've tried pushing in the hole and pulling out on the knob. I can't seem to find anyone who has removed one of these knobs.

Reply to
Messenger