compression

since it's been 30+ years since I've messed with cars, I need a little

assistance (or more).

I have a '68 YS motor. With original heads (74cc) it had a 10.2:1

compression.

The motor now has '71 heads (96cc) and that complete motor was rated at

9.5:1 compression.

What would a "guesstimate" be for compression for that '68 motor with the

'71 heads?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
birds4ever

More than likely it will be about 9.5:1. As I recall all Pontiac's used flat

top pistons and they just adjusted the CR with the chamber size of the

heads.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT