debating impulse buy......

Got in interview tomorrow for a Computer Tech job on base that sounds like I will get.. so I want to celebrate. There is an '02 Black T/A 5.7L WS6 fully loaded w/T-tops 6-speed with car selling for 26k but since I still work there.. I can get it for around 21k that looks nice....

or should I scour evilbay and try to find a decent 3rd gen T/A for 1/10th the price? Anyone have any suggestions/criticisms/etc?

Thanks.

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula 1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

:doit:

The LS1 is a great engine. A lot you can do with it.

Buy it and have fun with it. Don't forget to check:

and
when you get it...lots of good info there for 4th gens.

Reply to
d666e

It would be heck of a daily driver. ;^)

I don't know what the 02s go for but if 21k is is a good price I would buy it.

Speaking of f-bodies, a buddy found a woman this weekend who is selling off a ton of cars. He came across a straight and apparently rust free 71 bird. She needs a 455 and wants to trade me even for the 71. ;^)

Dave

Reply to
crazy dave

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Since I'm an employee I get it for the price we have in it... so apparently we have 20,500 or something like that in it... so plaus tax, tags, and licensing.. it will be 21,4k ish. But I haven't openend it up yet or driven it... but by the pics and the one time I quick stopped to look at it... it looks pretty damn nice.

So at this point I dunno if I want to take out a loan for a 310 hp 02... or try to wait and find an older, less expensive car and put moroe money into the engine and performance... I dunno...

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula 1985 Firebird.
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Well... looks like I have decided to pass on this particular vehicle just because if I am willing to spend that kind of money on a new vehicle.. I want to shop around and get something that I guess I want.. which is I dunno. I know I want a Trans Am. At this point not sure what year, or color I want... but some type of removable roof is a necesity I think... I've been giving convertivbles a lot of thought as well. I do know I want more power than my puney 2.8L can deliver.. and after driving 2 '05 Vettes and an '05 GTO all having 400 or more HP.... I know its time for some power. Doesn't really matter at this point if I have to remove the engine/tranny and swap it in with something else... 455HO/SD maybe? :) Just know I want a v-8 setup and mostly/full rust free body as I already have a bad project car to work with. I do need it to be fully functional immediately as It will be my daily driver asap. Anyone have or know anyone that has such a vehicle for sale? In case everyone didn't know, I'm located in eastern NC by the coast and don't really want to spend 3 grand to get the car here.... so the closer the better.

Beeen scouring evilbay today and found some that cought my eye.. but there were only like 196 T/As on there. I don't want a red or yellow car.... would prefer a Black or blue one.. but other colors are possibilities. Would rather spend 5-6k on the car to have the remaining money to put on building a good engine/tranny and restoring any problems.. but for the right car, 21k is obvioulsy a possibility.

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Well.. thanks to Charles, I was able to contact a guy here in NC that has an '02 FULLY loaded Black T/A T-tops, 70k miles, auto, full history, and

160 pt check from dealership, with the option of a 2 year powertrain warranty.. not sure how much that would be yet.. but he's asking 18k for the car.. I think without the warranty. I have arranged to see/drive the car a week from Sunday..hopefully it will still be for sale there.

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Glad I was able to help you with the car. I was interested in the car too but I just bought a Solstice, I can't afford another car payment. Good luck!

Charles

06 Solstice 98 Trans Am 86 Fiero GT 87 Grand Am
Reply to
Charles Rizzo

Lol.. thanks man! Where are you from?

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Firebird Formula
1985 Firebird (Hopefully soon to have a 2002 T/A WS6)
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

I live in Greensboro

Chuck

Reply to
Charles Rizzo

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Sounds like a great car. I also think it's well worth a little cash to get a carfax report, I bought a '98 Malibu a few years ago, when I went to trade it in last fall the dealer did a carfax and it turns out the car was TOTALLED, then someone bought it w/ a salvage title, sold it to someone else, somehow someone got the 'salvage' off the title when I bought it, without knowing any of this. I've owned over

35 cars in my life, so it's not like I didn't know what i was doing, just laziness not to get that carfax.

By the way how is life down south, still cool up here in Wisconsin, around

50degrees today.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Well... I might do the carfax.. but its a little late now.. as I bought it. Doubt the car has been totaled with the milage and history report from the dealership. But I do love the car. So far only thing I have found is the braking issue. Looks like I will be selling the Camaro to a detailing guy at work for $1500.00. His dad has an '82 Black T/A that hes selling... a fixerupper.. but its $800 so I have to go see it and go from there. If so, then I'd be all 4 Firebirds. :) Hes going to check it out Monday, but I know hes looked at it more in the last 2 months than I have.. lol. Everyday its "So, when you gonna sell me your Camaro?" Hahaha. Well.. weather has been beautiful and hot here, in the upper 80s and 90s. Except today was cooler and rainy.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed no T-tops 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops
check it out. 2002 Black Trans Am 5.7L LS1 auto w/T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR