door panel question

I have a 2000 Trans Am Firehawk. The driver door midrange speaker (not the tweeter) cuts in and out, and I want to replace it. However, when I remove the protective grille, the screws that secure the speaker are
covered by the door panel enough that I cannot get to them.
So... is there some trick to getting access to the screws, or do I have to remove the door panel (at least partially)? If I do have to remove the door panel, can someone give me some good directions, or point to a URL with them?
Thanks!
puked:

Remove the door panel. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?