"E20" error message on CD player - 99 Firebird

Hi,

I keep getting an "E20" error message when trying to play a CD in my 99 Firebird. I thought maybe it was just a dirty lens issue so I bought a lens cleaner disc but it won't even let that work. It still comes up with the "E20" error and spits out the disc.

Any idea's ?

BG.

Reply to
Beegeezee

Here is what my owner's manual says about CD player:

Playing a Compact Disc Insert a disc partway into the slot, label side up. The player will pull it in. The disc should begin playing. The display will show CD and the CD symbol. If you want to insert a compact disc with the ignition off, first press RECALL or EJECT. If you?re driving on a very rough road or if it?s very hot, the disc may not play and ERR (error) may appear on the display. Press RECALL to take ERR off the display. When things get back to normal, the disc should play. If the disc comes out, it could be one of the following:

The disc is upside down.

It is dirty, scratched or wet.

It is very humid. (If so, wait about an hour and try again.)

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Reply to
Dana George

Nope, happens on all discs. I haven't tried a CDR, but if it doesn't work on store bought CD's than I don't think it will work on burnt ones.

Reply to
Beegeezee