Engine size question......

I was wondering.. with the new 'bird.. the guy before me rebuilt the 350... they bored it .60 over.. and replaced the crank.. but I dont know if they replaced it with the same kind or with a different one.. What would this be considered with or without the same crank? .30 over is a 383 right? Anyway, this also has a manual choke they installed.. why I dunno.. but its annoying and runs really rough for the first couple miles... any tips as to do a swap to an electronic choke?

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (149k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

A .030 overbore with a modded 400 crank would be a 383, standard crank would be a 355. Bored .060 over, I'm not sure what the sizes would be, but I would say you're about maxed out in the cylinder walls as far as boring on a stock block... I can't answer the choke question, not familiar enough with dealin' with 'em yet... heh heh

Reply to
7ball

Bored .060 with a stock crank is a 360ci, and like he said .030 is a 355ci.

Reply to
Jay

wouldn't swapping out and putting in a carb built with elec. choke fix that

more of us knight rider people looking for real car tips lol

Reply to
Jason Sobol

Use this calculator to figure out any combination you may need.

Cam-Arrow