Ever installed a vinyl top on a first gen Camaro?

Does anyone know the approximate cost of installing a vinyl top on a 1968 Camaro hardtop? I've always liked the look of the vinyl top, but it's a project I never tried, is it better to let the body shop do this job?

Thanks,

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Don't go to the body shop. Find a company that repaces and refurbishes interiors and convertable tops. If you really want to tackle the job yourself I'd suggest you get some reading materials on the subject, I've seen a few dedicated to vinyl and convertable tops in the Barnes and Noble stores and on Amazon.com.

Classic Ind. sells the new tops and mouldings that you'll need.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Newly updated

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

That's a good idea-- an auto retoration shop would be best. A vinyl top is so visible on a car, it's something that has to be done right-- Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Terry

Try Line-X or Rhino spray truck bedliner company. Seems like it would work well, plus the guarantee of fase, chip, etc resistance. A bedliner job is about $300-400 I think. Cheers, Tim sends

Reply to
Tim