Ever installed a vinyl top on a first gen Camaro?

Does anyone know the approximate cost of installing a vinyl top on a 1968 Camaro hardtop? I've always liked the look of the vinyl top, but it's a project I never
tried, is it better to let the body shop do this job?
Thanks,
Terry M.

Don't go to the body shop. Find a company that repaces and refurbishes interiors and convertable tops. If you really want to tackle the job yourself I'd suggest you get some reading materials on the subject, I've seen a few dedicated to vinyl and convertable tops in the Barnes and Noble stores and on Amazon.com.
Classic Ind. sells the new tops and mouldings that you'll need.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Newly updated
Some are wise and some are otherwise
That's a good idea-- an auto retoration shop would be best. A vinyl top is so visible on a car, it's something that has to be done right-- Thanks for the advice.

Try Line-X or Rhino spray truck bedliner company. Seems like it would work well, plus the guarantee of fase, chip, etc resistance. A bedliner job is about $300-400 I think. Cheers, Tim sends