Exhaust System for 2002 WS6

I have been looking into exhaust systems for my 2002 Ram Air Trans Am. I am interested to hear opinions and personal experience regarding the complete exhaust system.
Headers to tips and everything in between.
Advice and suggestions appreciated.
Dale
You might want to check with a technician at your local dealer about whether or not new headers will void your warranty. Some dealers can be an ass about it.
<raefon> wrote in message

Don't bother. It will void your warranty; for your exhaust IF you damage it while removing it.. It however will not void the warranty on much else. If they can prove that the exhaust caused the warranty issue, then they will not pay for a repair, however, if your power window motor goes out, that should be covered still as well as everything else non-exhaust related.
I have a 2002 WS6 convertible. I put the Corsa CAT Back with the premium tips. Sounds good and feels good as far as a power increase. Also have Eibach pro kit springs and I have to be careful with scraping the Corsa's. <raefon> wrote in message

: > I have been looking into exhaust systems for my 2002 Ram Air Trans Am. : > I am interested to hear opinions and personal experience regarding the : > complete exhaust system. : > : > Headers to tips and everything in between. : > : > Advice and suggestions appreciated. : > : > Dale : : We put the SLP long tube headers on my son's 2002 WS6 and I was very : impressed with the fit and ease of installation. They are also coated with a : very nice finish and still look new. : : Good luck, Brian
Did the long tube headers bolt up to the stock Y-Pipe?

No they did not we had to modify the exhaust.
Brian

I forgot to mention you can buy the y pipe from SLP for a direct bolt up
Brian
: > No they did not we had to modify the exhaust. : > : > Brian : > : > : : I forgot to mention you can buy the y pipe from SLP for a direct bolt up : : Brian
Direct bolt up to the long tube headers or to the stock headers?
I always assumed the SLP Y-Pipe bolted up to the stock headers...never bothered to call and ask an engineer.
ok I have a question.. it doesnt deal with what you can do with ur ws6 but, I just wanna know why when you get a Normal Trans Am it has the big shaped pipes like a grand prix gt, then when you get the WS6 it has the small ones... in my opinion I like the sound of the normal trans am better, and "I" Think they should switch them and put the small ones on the trans am and the big ones on the WS6.... is theyre better performance or anything with the others or what?!?!
: ok I have a question.. it doesnt deal with what you can do with ur ws6 but, : I just wanna know why when you get a Normal Trans Am it has the big shaped : pipes like a grand prix gt, then when you get the WS6 it has the small : ones... in my opinion I like the sound of the normal trans am better, and : "I" Think they should switch them and put the small ones on the trans am : and the big ones on the WS6.... is theyre better performance or anything : with the others or what?!?!
Heath, Don't confuse appearance with performance. That's Ricer 101. You are talking about the exhaust tips which have less than 1% effect on performance. You can put whatever tip on your WS6 that you want. I think that if you look at the T/A and Formula exhaust tips you'll find they are quite different from the GP. (must refrain from smacking you now. <grin>)
The main _exhaust_ difference between the T/A and the T/A WS6 is a .5in pipe diameter (if I'm not mistaken) and a less restrictive muffler. (All from the cats back) I'm pretty sure the headers and y-pip are exactly the same.