firebird name

in the latest issue of high performance pontiac it states that the firebird name may be used on the pontiac solstice concept which is now in the prototype stages

OK... I looked at the Solstice.... you can too at http://www.autointell.net/nao_companies/general_motors/pontiac/pontiac-solstice/pontiac-solstice-02.htm ... It's OK I guess.... but somehow I just can't see this being a "Firebird".... to me the Firebird should at least be something similar to the 3rd and 4th generation cars.... something long and sleek.... in fact the car I wouls invision would be something based upon something more streched out... the windshiled kicked back another 10 degrees or so and then give the thing the same layout as the Corvette.... Front engine.... drive shaft.... and the trans sitting in the rear. (I would keep it a four seater too.)

A supercharged 4 banger? One wouldn't be able to muscle much more power out of that engine -- and only time will tell if maintenance will be a big issue in keeping that thing in fine running condition over 50000 miles.
~w~