firebird question

Hi all, I'm new to the firebird world. I finally got me an 86 firebird earlier this year as a fixer upper. I want to change out my 2.8L V6 for a 350. Would I still be able to use the same manual transmission on the car or
would i need to get a different one? What if I put in a 305? Thanks.
Rob

or
You can put in a 350 but the T5 will probably die sooner than later. If you're going to remove the engine you may as well pull the tranny and rebuild it as well. I don't recommend putting in a 305. Just not worth it.
-Bruce
Thanks for the advice Bruce.
Rob

car
it.

firebird
for
Welcome to the world of Firebirds by the way. Register yourself at www.thirdgen.org and you can learn a lot of things about your firebird. If you have any questions feel free to post. I've got a 89 Firebird just incase you're wondering. 305 TPI supercharged.
-Bruce
If you are going to put a carburated engine in it go with a 350. If your going injected dont even bother with TPI motors go with the LT1 they are just as easy to come by as the TPI they push more power and are all around better engine to have. Take it from me I took a 350tpi out of a 1990 vette swaped it with my TBI 305 in my Trans Am. Only 5000 miles later I already have an LT1 that I'm building to replace the TPI. LT1 are also right in the same price range so it kind-of a nobrainer.