Followup - 88 Formula - hard starting - CODE 54

Hello All,
I'm the guy who asked about the 88 Formula running hot. Now it has intermittent starting problems after backflusing the radiator and replacing the radiator hoses.I was able to read a code 54 from the
computer which my Chilton Book describes as "Low voltage to Fuel Pump" I read elsewhere that it shows that there is less than 2v. to the pump. I'm thinking fuel pump relay or wet wiring, but I don't know for sure. The car runs great once you get it started. The people in this group seem to possess a good deal of expertise so what's your take on this ? What would you do to fix this ? Thanks for all of your valuable input.
- Tom D. -

I would probe the wires entering and exiting the relay. This will tell you if your getting the right voltage there. Then I would probe the wires by the fuel tank to check voltage back there if the voltage from the relay was good.
I could be something like a corroded connector, a wire that has a bad section, even the relay socket or pins being corroded. Charles
Thanks for your reply. I did check the relay contacts and the plug also. I didn't see any corrosion but I cleaned everything anyway. There was a fair amount of moisture in the area around the relay cluster on the firewall. I also noticed that if I let the car sit overnight it starts fine. If I start it in the morning and then restart it again later then I have a problem. It's almost like something is taking a really long time to reset itself (the relay ?).