GM Working On A 'Mustang Competitor'!!

Page 13 of 16
This guy is less than shit in the cleats of my work boots!
Don't bother to try reasoning, just flame away!
Refinish King

"SgtSilicon" wrote in message

Actually that's in the southern half of the state. In the northern half it's correctly pronounced with the -ee sound at the end.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
I was born there...but uhhhh, I don't pronounce it with an uhhh.
Don Manning
wrote:

it's

I was born there too, near Joplin. I have friends from north of KC. And there is a distinct difference in pronunciation. Yes those in the south take pride in the uh, in fact the correct Joplin/Springfield variation is pronounced muh-zur-uh. I've been gone from the area so long that when I was stationed in OKC everybody said I had a Kaliforny accent.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

take
was
Well that's my point. What is incorrect and to be quite honest, born out of a lack of proper education, is touted as being politically correct. And these days some equate politically correct to actual correct, which are not at all the same. Why else would anyone take pride in sounding like an under/uneducated person. This may seem kind of wield, but I am actually glad to see you say that not everyone in that state talks like that.
Anyway, this has little to do with cars and such and I am starting to ramble.
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:49:05 -0600, "66 6F HCS"

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.

take
Not as far as I am concerned and I was born in Springfield.

Do you still live there? Did you live there from birth into your early teens? These are in most cases the deciding factors.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

No, but I was taught the correct way to pronounce Missouri by my dad who lived near Springfield for the first 45 years of his life. I have seen it somewhere on a Missouri state government web site that the correct way to pronounce it is "Missour-ee".
My daughter lives there.
Don Manning

You quoted my quoting someone else. For the record, I was not born in Missouri. Not that I would be bothered if I had been or anything, just wanted to set the record.
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:16:03 GMT, "Mark Jones"

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:48:33 -0400, "Refinish King"

Yeah, a little mod like an LS6... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
puked:> >PS

Considering how fat the SSR is even with an LS6 under its hood it would probably only be enough to get past a Mustang GT. The Mach 1, and certainly the Cobra, would still be too quick for it.
Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD
I wouldn't mind seeing that!
Would you?
A truck kicks the shit out of an American sports car!
I can see the magazine headlines now!
Refinish King
puked:

Oh please. It happens all the time. Twin turbo diesel MoPars and Fords with the turbo's tweaked will smoke most stock streetcars. I've seen a 9 second F series with a 4" lift kit to boot. The pass I saw, he smoked a tweaked mid 80's Z-28.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

with

I wouldn't mind seeing that either; however, the SSR needs a diet more than it needs horsepower. The SSR is a fat pig.

The Mustang isn't a "sports car".

An LS6 powered SSR would no doubt take out a regular Mustang GT, it would have trouble with a Mach 1, and a Cobra would still eat it.
Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD
Refinish King wrote:

It does happen, the lightning outruns the mustang GT's on a steady basis. It even hangs in there with the F-bodies fairly well considering its a heavy ass truck. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Cool:
I love that Ford, where the guy put in a Cummins, Propane and nitrous. Steady low 11's from what I was told, close to the tens?
I love trucks!
Refinish King
puked: