Great deal on G-Tech perf. computer on e-bay....

A seller has a bunch of them there with a buy-it-now price of $49.95. This item retails for $140. I had one a couple of years ago until my Z-28 was stolen and the G-Tech was ripped off. Fortunately I did get the car back.
These things are great fun. 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time & trap speed, 60-0 braking distance, horsepower rating, skidpad lateral Gs. Great way to test engine upgrades.
I did buy one of these, and he shipped it out within 12 hours. Cool. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryF100&it em$52397783
KennyH
Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.
reported as spam, you f*^king low life! To bad you got your car back, you don't deserve such a nice ride!!!
: reported as spam, you f*^king low life! : To bad you got your car back, you don't deserve such a nice ride!!!
You're reporting Kenny as spam?
Bob, you're a nitwit.
I am not the seller. I am a buyer. This is a great tool for keeping tabs on how your car runs, as well as comparing other guys' cars to yours.
I paid $118 plus shipping a few years ago for one of these things. $49.95 is a bargain. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
If you don't want one, why even look at this thread? The subject line was obvious.
If anyone was looking for one of these but balked at the over-$100 price, this is what you're waiting for.
BTW, I ordered mine Fri night late, he shipped it Sat. and I received it today, Monday. Unbelievable.
I haven't used it yet, since it is -15.5 degrees here as I speak, but I'm looking forward to it. I recommend this thing.
KennyH
Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.

There is a new model out. Is this the "new" model ?

No, that one lists for $249 I believe. It is a better unit, but this is the G-Tech Pro that's been around for a few years. The new model is the G-Tech Pro Competition, and it has an LCD screen and can graph plus it reads engine RPM through the electrical circuit via ignition noise somehow.
KennyH
Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.
I'm with ye' Kenny. I was psyched when you posted the link. I too remember when they were $150-$200.
$50 is a bargin...even if it IS from evilbay.
Do these things actually work? They kinda look like a novelty more than anything else.
SBlackfoot wrote:

they work. The old one (this one) is what I have. If you follow the instructions it's quite accurate.
however, getting it perfectly flat is a bit of a PITA and totally required for accuracy. Apparently the new style is "plug and go" - self levelling.
Next year I'm hoping to bring it to the track on a T&T day and see what it says compared to the timeslip. (I'm too busy on a real race day to fart with it.)
Ray