Headlight won't go down

The passenger side pop up headlight on my 99 Firebird will not go down. I never had trouble with it before. I went to the store and turned the headlights off and they both went down as per usual and then when I came
home and shut them off the one side stayed up. What could be the problem?
Beegeezee wrote:

The gear that drives the raise/lowers the headlight is made of pastic and will 'strip' over time. You can either replace the whole motor/gear assembly, take it apart and turn the gear 180 degress(to the side that is not used) or replace with a metal gear. There is a web site that offers brass replacement gears. Don't have it handy, just google around for F-Body repair headlight motor.
It's a common problem due to that pastic gear.
Good luck.
Before you go replacing anything take a really good look at it. and have someone sit in the car and turn the lights on and off. There is a good chance that there is something getting in the way not allowing the light to move. This happened to my buddy and it wound up being a washer that was getting in the way of things. Although his was stuck up solid but it would be worth. Taking a look.

problem?