Help.Firebird 400

Hi...my name is George Crawford and I own an 81 firebird formula which i recently dropped a completely rebuilt 79 400 big block into. I have poured quite a bit of money into it and still haven't got out of it
quite what i was looking for. It just isn't quick enough for the money I've spent. I have replaced most of the stock components with new ones. It has an edelbrock performer rpm intake and performer series 750 electric choke carb. Stock heads. I replaced the fuel pump with a bigger one..I didn't put an electric one on but the manual one that is one it pumps quite a bit of fuel. It is a super high compression engine and i decided not to replace the stock cam. It has an HEI ignition system on it. I didn't know if anyone knew of any secrets to make it quicker or the best way to go about it. Please hit me back with a post if you know anything.