HELP: Help me change plug wire number 4

I really need some help in knowing if it is at all possible for aomeone like myself to replace spark plug wire #4 in a 96' Camaro V6? I have a misfire in cylinder number 4 and I am sure it is the plug wire. However it looks like it is going to be quite costly to get any mechanic to do the job so I was wondering if I could attempt to do it myself since it is only one wire. The problem I have now is that I don't exactly know where the other end of wire #4 is. I have the original manufacturers manual but it only clearly shows where all the wires are at the top where the engine is but it does not clearly show where the wire ending poinbt is at. I looked and looked both above the engine and under the car and still cannot see where the darn thing is. I thought perhaps some experienced people here will be able to guide me or advise me on this.

I will be forever grateful for any help I can get. Right now the cheapest quotation an price for changing all my plugs and r eplacing the wires are around $220.00 just for the labor. I have to get the parts myself. A ll I actually need is to replace wire number 4 and if I can do tt myself I can save quite a bit for now. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance for all the help given. Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston, should be easy to follow a wire to its (either) end. If you are just looking to replace the WIRE, and not the plug, it should be easy peasy ja... well ya know the rest. I would suggest replacing all

6 wires TOGETHER though. I also would suggest replacing plugs but... if you are just doing wire do all wires.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 02:53:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) puked:

And just to make it easier, do it when the engine is COLD...

lab~rat >:-)

He thinks that one is difficult, he should try a 3rd gen V8, #7 and #8....

Reply to
aka-SBM

...with 1-3/4" headers. Difficulty factor: 9.8 (for us Alabamians thats 5 &

1/2 beers)
Reply to
Andy Warren