HELP: P0400 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction.

I know this is probably out of this newsgroup but I don't know where else to look for help. I personally have a Camaro but my girlfriend has a Geo tracker and it recently registered a P0400 code and I used my Trouble Code scan device and it described theproblem as: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction. Pls. if anyone can help oput and give me some idea of what this is actually reffering to, I would be so grateful. The Vehicle is a 96' Geo tracker 4wheel drive. I hope this is not going to be something major and is it safe to drive the vehicle while this problem exists?

Thank you for all the help. Winston

Reply to
Winston

Its prob the EGR valve position sensor, IIRC 3 1/4 inch screws and its off, and $30 for a new one at Advance. First, you need to verify that your valve works, and if so, then you need to see if the sensor is working....a DMM and 30 minutes of time will tell you.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC