HELP!! Problem with Ignition Cylinder on my 94Z28

hey guys i need to pull my ignition cylinder for i can take it to the lock smith for i can get the tumblers re adjusted for a new key since my keys got stollen from me. I already have the air bag and steering wheel off but im having a hard time getting the airbag coil out. there is this metal ring in the way and it looks like it has 2 small holes in which a spanner wrench should be used. i tried using one and cant get it off and the haynes manual says its a snap ring, but on my 94 camaro it looks like it might be threaded on. Anyone know how to remove this ring??? im afraid to damage anything so im seeking advice before i make it more work for me. let me know what u guys think. Also here are a couple pictures of what this metal ring looks like....i know its not a lock ring.

Rob

Sorry here are the right links to the pictures

Rob