HELP: Wheezing sound coming from rear

Hope someone could help identify this problem I am having. I have a 96 V6 that recently has been having a wheezing sound almost like a whistling sound
and it seems to be coming out from the back of the vehicle. It seems to be more apparent when I have the stereo on and when I checked I could hear it coming out from the subwoofer too. I have no clue what it is and I am hoping someone has some idea of where to beging checking. The wheezing sound is most apparent when I step on the gas to accelerate the car. Please help and thank you in advance for any advice given Winston
Winston wrote:

    RFI. Radio Frequance Interfearance. check your antenna cable, and the grounds for the radio. Charles

If it makes the noise with the radio off, it's the amplifier.
Al
may want to try an medication for the flu