How do I by-pass the heater core.

I have a 1992 Z28 Chevrolet Camaro. My heater core took a shit and I just want to by-pass it. I know that the two lines at the fire wall have to be disconnected at the heater valve, but the water pump doesn't have another port
like the 2.8L. All I could see is the by-pass hose. Please help.
Anonymous wrote:

want to by-pass it. I know that the two lines at the fire wall have to be disconnected at the heater valve, but the water pump doesn't have another port like the 2.8L. All I could see is the by-pass hose. Please help.

Just hook the two lines together end to end. You might need a special connector to do it because they are different sized IIRC.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer

The other line goes back to the radiator. You're going to have to connect both lines that run to the heater core together. this will do what you want. 4 hose clamps, a couple of barbed unions and a length of hose should do you. It's a real tight fit down by the frame rail on my Bird. Good luck.