How hard is it to change the oil pan gasket on a 403?

I'm debating whether to do it myself or take it to a garage. I read in the Haynes manual about it & it doesn't seem too hard, but I don't particularly like crawling under cars, & I can imagine the gymnastics
needed to clean the surfaces.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sounds like you've answered your own question already.
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@tsh.ca says...

On an engine stand is easy. In the car will be a nightmare.
Dennis Smith
βœ–
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:33:26 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThiSyahoo.com (Dennis Smith) wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think I'll take it to the shop & let them struggle with it.
Chris
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Chris154" wrote: > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:33:26 +0000 (UTC), > snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThiSyahoo.com > (Dennis Smith) wrote: > > >In article &lt; snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com&gt;, > > snipped-for-privacy@tsh.ca says... > &nbsp;>> > &nbsp;>>I'm debating whether to do it myself or take it to a > garage. I read > &nbsp;>>in the Haynes manual about it & it doesn't seem too > hard, but I don't > &nbsp;>>particularly like crawling under cars, & I can imagine > the gymnastics > &nbsp;>>needed to clean the surfaces. > > > >On an engine stand is easy. In the car will be a nightmare. > > > Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think I'll take it to the > shop & > let them struggle with it. > > Chris
To clean the surfaces well you need to remove the pan completely. This normally requires disconnecting one or both of the motor mounts and gently lifting the engine so the pan can slide out between the mains and the engine cradle. If you’re not comfortable doing this sort of stuff, take it to a garage.
βœ–

Yeah, I've already decided on taking it to a local guy who does stock car engines. I figured my time & sanity's worth the $200. It has other problems (see my other post) so I'm hoping he'll be able to let me know what needs to be done & in what order.
Chris
Add pictures here
βœ–