Idler Pulley Removal on 97 V6 Firebird

I'm trying to remove the idler pulley on my 97 V6 3.8L Firebird. I've removed the bolt, but that thing seems to be really stuck on there, although it spins freely.

I've replaced the tensioner pulley with no problem.

Can anyone give me any advice on this?

Thanks, David

Reply to
dcgreig

Good news and bad news. I got the pulley off with a good tug. Unfortunately, the nipple the pulley sits on broke off with it. This is the nipple that's part of the bracket.

Any ideas? I've got it bolted on for now with the broken off piece in place, but I'm leery of this setup.

Would some JB Weld and red locktite do me for now?

Is this "bracket" an individual piece or is it part of one of the other accessory assemblies? I can't really tell without pulling stuff out, and I don't have a shop manual.

Thanks in advance, David

Reply to
dcgreig