Today I started stripping the V-8 2wd S-10 Extended cab I became the
owner of. Some things were done right, some so totally wrong I wish I had a
camera with me.
The TH700R4 transmission was not only a F-body unit, They had rotated
the tail housing so the speedometer drive pointed up. Then had used some
large 3/4 tun truck lug nuts as spacers, and inbread up a 70's GM RWD single
post down stud transmission mount to it!
When I pulled the transmission I noted the flywheel was on backwards,
because the teeth were half stripped.
You all would have been laughing at the home made conversion motor
mounts, Ford Explorior Radiator, 70's D-top 2bbl carb, and other inbread
The good points: Headman V8 S-10 headers. Running engine, working
transmission. Exhaust repair parts for my old 4x4 conversion blazer (I got
visitation rights again with it). 100 AMP alternator. Non computerized HEI
distributor. Some body parts for my 4x4 S-10 that's soon to be a V8.
The thing that left me scratching my head. When I pulled the SBC, it has
been blue, it has been orange, it cast "305" on the passengers side of the
bellhousing. Yet when I run the engine code:
KO326TCK I get a 70's 307 number. I can't find a match to the CC1172375
lower number. And it's a passengers side dip stick block.
Aint it so delightfull when your building a S-10 from hell to have 15 to
snag parts from:-)