Interior Lights will not shut off

I have a 68 Firebird and the interior lights underneath the vents on both driver and passenger sides will not shut off. I have to disconnect the battery to keep the lights from draining the battery.
Any ideas?
TX Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Door switches OK? Dash switch for the interior lites OK?
NOI

Does the dome light shut off or atleast dim down with the doors closed? You might have a bad ground and the power is feeding back through a different circuit. I had a simular problem on my '73 T/A. Turned out to be a cig lighter that was shorted out.

Dennis Smith