is it possible,or waste of time

i have a 305 small block can you convert to a 350 ? or is it just better to start with a junker 350 and build from there?

The difference between the 305 and the 350 is the bore dia. The 350 is 4.00" and I believe the 305 is 3.75". The 305 can't be bored nearly that much. They do make stroker cranks for the 305 that will increase your displacement somewhat, but 350's are so cheap and plentiful it's really a waste to consider anything else.
Gary

gary thanks that was my thinking but im already haveing trouble finding a 350 that is carberated.
Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

The wrecking yards are full of them. How much did you want to spend? You can buy a brand new 350 long block for under $1500. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=NAL%2D10067353&N 5&autoview=sku
for $1700 you can get more of a "Hotrod" motor brand new. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber 499529
The 350 Chevy is probably the most plentifull V-8 out there. You should be able to find a good used motor for a few hundred bucks. Keep looking. You'll find what you're looking for