Looking for a T56 transmission

Hello,
My T56 6spd manual transmission ('95 T/A) exploded on the highway. A rebuilt trans is too expensive for me, so I am looking for a used one. Any offer will be appreciated : snipped-for-privacy@fages.com
Thank you
Michel
Michel Fages wrote:

http://car-part.com /
I wish you the best of luck finding one. Mine locked up on the freeway last December. Cost me $2000 to get it fixed. The best price I was able to find for a used one locally (Sacramento Ca.) was $1800. - Gary

How many miles on your vehicles with the broken T56?
Also, were there any indications that something major was going wrong with the tranny before it happened?
Thanks,
-Kevin

Mine had about 125k on it. The only warning I had was it started to whine about 30 seconds before it locked. The bearing inside the reverse idler failed, allowing the reverse gear engage while cruising in sixth on the freeway. Happened three days before Christmas. Fortunately I was only five miles from home. Oh well, I knew it wasn't going to be a cheap car to own when I bought it. - Gary

That would be a nice looking car without those hideous wheels