LS1 Clutches

I'm back. :) Too bad the TA is still in storage. :( New baby and Camaro dirt track car. :) :) (But don't get me started on how easy it is to blow up SBC's) :(
Anyway, anyone done a clutch on an LS1 equipped F? Can the flywheel be machined or is it a $250 "disposable" item?
If I buy a stock clutch (which I'm not) they only come as a kit... And from what I've been getting is they're not reusable...
I guess it doesn't help the stock clutch only lasted 45,000km. Drive it like you stole it is expensive when you own it. :)
Ray 01 WS6 TA - 12.18 w/nitrous, 13.12 NA.