LT1 coolant backflush

I want to flush the cooling system on my 95 Z28.
Does the reverse flow cooling system on my LT1 engine backflush in the same manner as conventional cooling systems?
Conventionally, water is forced through the top (inlet) to the heater core. I'm wondering if I should tap into the lower heater hose leading into bottom of the water pump instead.
Can someone here tell me for certain which hose I need to cut into to do this properly?
Thanks.