LT1 headers & Y-pipe

Considering this upgrade as my 94 TA has developed a nasty exhaust leak at the manifold. I have a new high flow CAT, just need the headers and Y-Pipe
assembly. Already installed a new muffler.
My copy of a recent JEGS doesn't have many choices. What do I need to know in order to select the appropriate manufacturer and model? What would those of you who have done this and/or have an opinion on the subject recommend?
I'll be doing this myself so any pointers or warnings would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Kevin 94 TA 6sp LT1 113k-H H=HARD
I've got a JC Whitney catalog that lists about 5 different styles/brands of headers for that car. You might try their website. And on a side note, I'm looking to buy your old y-pipe if/when you do this. I've got an LT1 in my Jeep and I recently turned the old y-pipe into a pretzel shaped mess on some *LARGE* boulders. The aftermarket designs don't fit into my engine compartment, but the stock ones work great. Thanks, Troy

If someone else doesn't have one on the floor of their garage to replace your pretzel, after I get mine out, I'll send it to you.
The only problem is that I have no idea when I'll get to it.
-Kevin

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/OCLT1_Fbody_Exhaust.htm
This is where I purchased my Mac header system for my '93 T/A, and I gotta' tell ya', it made one hell of a difference! I also installed the Mac off road pipe which goes where the Cat "should" go. The car wasn't as loud as I thought it'd be with these parts(thank God) but sounds GREAT with my Flowmaster cat back system. Set yourself a couple of nice days aside to do it in, and buy some good LT1 header gaskets, as the ones that come with the headers suck. Bolts, washers, brackets are all included. They really are very nice headers. I also ordered several other things from this place. Their prices are a little higher on some of their things, but they had the best price I'd found on the headers anywhere. Good Luck. I hope this helps.
Anthony snipped-for-privacy@charter.net '93 Trans Am LT1. Headers. No Cat. 3.73s. Thermomaster chip. K&N cold air. Eibach springs.
http://www.fastblackcar.com/camaro/mac_headers.html
A complete walkthrough of the Mac header install. Good luck. It is worth it!
Anthony snipped-for-privacy@charter.net
Anthony,
Thanks for the info and more importantly the link, the page is very informative.
-Kevin