Monsoon CD Error "E20" on 99 Firebird

Hi,
I was getting "E20" error's on my monsoon stereo when I tried to play CD's on my 99 Firebird. "E20" is apparently an internal focus problem. I decided
that it was probably unfixable and decided to replace the unit with another. I bought one off of E-bay which the seller claimed worked perfectly. I just installed it and guess what? I get the same "E20" error with the replacement unit. Could I be having a problem with the wiring? Or do I just have bad luck with getting another failed unit?
Any help would be appreciated.
BG.

I feel you probably fixed it by now. But the unit needs "unlocking"--it's made for a certain vehicle, it's like a theft-proof design: when removed from its "home" car, it locks & will not play in another application w/o first unlocking. Often it will not even play in its home-car until its factory code nos. are punched back in after re-installing in the home-car, as when a new battery is installed & there is no power to it during the exchange process . I recently had a Monsoon w/cd/mp3 factory unit from a Pontiac unlocked so as to operate in ANY vehicle w/o need for code (mine is an S-10 pickup). Electronics shop charged me $50, including shipping. Paid $45 for the unit. BTW: the unit looks factory in my pickup, & I love those mp3 discs with 270 songs on it! LUCK TO YOU, S