motor head lights

i have a 99 formula firebird ls1 engine 6sp...........not that it matters............................but anyway my head lights when they close they make this weird rattling noise im thinking it might be the the motor head lights........anyone else experience this problem if so HELP!.............dont know if i should change them it would costs about $30

-- danny
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-401518.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Are both headlight motors making the sound? It is the motor, there is a nylon gear in the motor that is wearing out. New motors at the dealer cost around $175.00. They are not too hard to replace yourself. There also is a fix for the gear. Google Brent Franker, he sells a brass replacement gear.
Chuck

danny wrote:

Here ya go Danny, my son used this fix on his '99 and it did the trick, I haven't had any problems 'yet' with my '99, guess I don't use them as much as he does.
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm
--
Chris RLU 283774 Mandriva 10.1 Official
23:08:39 up 40 days, 2:11, 1 user, load average: 0.53, 0.43, 0.41