MPFI to carb?

I have a 1988 Camaro RS with a 2.8 MPFI and I am planning to swap the V6 for a 350 with a carb.My question is...can I use the same fuel tank/pump with a regulator to lower the fuel pressure? Or will I need to change
the tank to one for a carb?
On Mar 1, 2:19 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (hungry 103) wrote:

Either will work. Pulling the tank is such a pain on those that you're better off leaving the electric pump and installing a regulator. It should be the type with an inlet, an output to the carb, and a return line to the tank.
Have you considered using a fuel injected V8?
That's what I want to get away from.This car has some serious wiring or computer problems.This is the second time I have owned this car.I put alot of money in it with no results.Two more people have owned it with the same results.I recently bought it again,pulled it home with the intentions to pull the V6 and put a nn computer carb V8 in.The V6 isn't in that good of shape anyway.It's had the fuel pump,most if not all of the sensors changed,timing chain and probably other things changed.It has a real bad idle,goes up and down,floods alot,won'y start when the engine is cold.Spray a shot of carb cleaner in and it fires right off.Too much $$$$ has been spent on it so I'm going to fix it the way it should have been in the first place....with a V8.

The pump in the tank will be fine. You will need a "bypass" regulator. They're a little pricey but cheaper and a lot less hassle than changing the pump. Since the ECM controls the pump relay you'll need to rewire it to run at key-on. You will also need a vacuum advance distributor and a non-CC carb. A couple of other things may need tending to like if the 2 electric cooling fans, one is run by the ECM. Most folks just wire it's relay to run at key-on. If you have an auto trans, the torque converter clutch lockup is controlled by the ECM also. Parts places like Jegs sell kits to convert the TCC to non-ECM operation. Hopefully you live in a non-inspection state like me (AL)...