NBC's New Knight Rider! A MUSTANG!!

Congrads to GM again for blowing this one!
No new Firebird....means...a Freaking MUSTANG?
The Horror, the horror!!!
http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider /
Thanks again to Bob Lutz and company for killing off the best Muscle car ever....a freaking Mustang.

I saw that and thought the same thing. I wonder if the voice is gonna be effeminate like the original KITT.

The actor who did the voice of the original KITT also does commericals for GM. In fact, due to this relationship he will not be repeating his role as KITT 2.0. The General didn't want folks to confuse a Ford for a Pontiac.
In terms of GM blowing it. Well, Chevy go the go ahead to build the Camaro. But according to Automotive Week, there will be no new Firebird. This due to the new higher fleet fuel standard (35 MPG). In fact the artical hinted that Pontiac may not be the performance division as orginal planned with an all new line-up of rear-wheel drive models.
In light of GM losing 750 Mill in the last quarter, employee buy-outs for all (does that include Lutz?) The bean counters/MBA financial guys are in control (what ever happen to car guys calling the shots?) so if there is no glimer of return-on-investment, we Firebird/Trans Am folks can cry in our beer with our GTO brothers.
I'll just set my sights and save my pennys for that 10 Anniversary Trans Am with 4 speed. Heck, at the going rate of 30 to 35K, its the same as what the 35th anniversay sold new in 2002 (if you could find one.) And Mr. General, that will be 35K less on your balance sheet.
Ford had a Motto a few years back about something being Job #1...
I suggest a new motto for GM:
Job #1: Remove Bob Lutz from decision making. Job #2: Ditto for Rick Wagoneer.
Rest in Peace Firebird Trans Am .. you were one car worth of being called a True Muscle Car!
Edd
In article

Are you crazy?! These two guys have saved GM's ass! Without them GM wouldn't have a kick-ass Cadillac division, an awesome Corvette team, a revived/dramatically improved Saturn line-up, a rocking V8 engine series, a world-class mid-size car i.e.-- Malibu, etc. Hell, in just a short few years, they've stopped the nearly 30-year slide to Generic Motors and have reversed it.
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Oddly enough, I have to agree. If the two mentioned hadn't stepped up, GM would be in sad shape right now...
                    NOI
On Feb 23, 7:31pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

agreed! i wanna see the camaro sooner cos my 02 met a early demise. it is long over due to see a affordable GM performance coupe. i was almost gonna get a sky as a substitute. it just feels small n clostraphobic to me. i grew up on big cars. i see rumors of the holden models coming over...