Need some input

Whats goin on?

I'm looking at a 87 Firebird formula. The current owner purchased it maybe a month ago, but has since lost his job and with gas prices, he has to part with the car. The original owner did a lot of engine upgrades and it seems to run great. The current owner was straight with me and told me about a transmission leak. Now I have an average knowlege of the engine, but I know less about transmissions. The current owner doesn't know much about them either. Here's my question...

the current owner says he was told by the original owner that at one point he was doing something with the 'kick-down cable' (I'm not certain exactly what), and that's what caused the leak. The leak appears to be a slow one from what I can see. It looks like it only leaks when it's running. The current owner hasnt driven the car enough to gage how bad it is over time.

Any idea if messing with that cable would cause a leak in a specifc place? and how hard might that be to fix?

TIA!!! ^JR^

Reply to
^JR^

Chevrolet