Nice Ride!

http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/TransCamaro4X4.jpg
-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

lab~rat wrote:

Puke.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:08:34 -0500, GLK9MM

LOL. C'mon, all it needs is a duck blind on the roof...
-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

A while back someone posted a pic of a first gen 4 X 4 Camaro, I'm still sick about it whenever I think about that pic...why not do it do a Vega or Monza?
Terry
puked:

I saw a 4 x 4 Vette in a magazine. The caption was "The answer to a question no one asked"...
-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Ok, then, I won't even ask the question.......!

lab~rat wrote:

pretty nice job for only 7 days of work.

Saw a early 70s Stingray done as well, not sure why people take these cars and do that. Waste of a good body and car in my opinion.
Terry spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Actually, IIRC, you could do some obscene things with a Vega or Monza involving a 350. :)
NOI

Funny you should mention that, when I posted the comment about a Vega I wasn't really thinking but it must have been in the back of my mind, I always wanted to build a v8 vega, I'm old enough to remember when they were on the road. I once purchased an excellent magazine out of southern CA that had feature articles & pics on these conversions, and other articles on how to do it....I wanted to start with a hatchback, put in a small block, paint it midnight blue...then one day I drove by a driveway that had an orange '68 Camaro RS for sale in the driveway, I bought that and it's been camaros ever since! However, if times get bad enough for me, maybe I'll sell my camaro and buy a nice vega shell and go for it!
snipped-for-privacy@cox.REMOVE.net says...

Gag me with a spoon.
Dennis Smith
lab~rat wrote:

    Once again someone went the gooff troop way about replacing a rusted out truck body. Which is how alot of these conversions start. All of the Orginal S.U.V. classes of vehicals rust out badly. Often leaving a good frame & driveline behind. When the amount of drivelines & frames exceeds the number of bodies availible, some how idiots get involved.
    Instead of being idiotic about it, there are thousands of Pre-Four Wheel Drive years trucks that could be installed on those frames. I am looking for a Clean 20's thru pre war Ford or Chevy truck cab (with title) for such a project. Since I will eventially have a 89 GMC S-10 4x4 frame in the excess frame catagory, with a SBC, and all the running gear.
    As I have said before A man (or woman) with a brain & a plan would make a AWD stock ride height or lowered F-body. Then they could put some major power to the ground, even while turning.
Charles Cars should be Cars, Trucks should be Trucks.