oh man

Beautiful day here near Toronto ,,,brand new plug wires... new plugs... and a brand newly rebuilt fresh carburetor done by myself over the last few days... can it possibly get any better than this. The sweet smell of doing something yourself and it working perfectly.

LOL ok sorry had to write this before I go for another drive.

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:22:34 -0500, "BarracudaDesigns" puked:

Every time I gloat like that, a new problem pops up...

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

I think lab~rat has a point. After so many delays I picked up my block and rotating assembly today. Everything looks great and the price was better than I had hoped. When I dropped it of at the shop doing the assembly I found out my main competition (250 lbs lighter) has decided not to build a

13:1 383, or the 406, or the 434, or the 454 shortblock he just assembled but a 540 using a Dart block and Pro1 heads. I don't think the trunk is large enough for all the bottles I would need to be competitive. Oh well.

On a lighter note I was introduced to a gentleman today as "that guy with the immaculate red 76 that runs 11s with the A/C on". I forgot all about Fathers Day at the track this year, it was horribly hot that day. ;^)

Dave

Reply to
poncho462

If you said silver 74 T/A I'd think you were talking about my brother. His

4000 pound beast has blown away quite a few Chebbie wannabees at the strip.
Reply to
Dennis Smith

"poncho462" I picked up my block and

a few suggestions for ya. "TWIN TURBO'S" " 8 inch 3000 STALL CONVERTER" "GEARS"

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

Moves him out of his Racing Class.

He's using a standard shift moron.

He has it geared where he roughly wants it. Next idiot. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I was trying to be nice by not replying.

Just one thing to add, wouldn't you want a 13" or 14" TC (assuming he was running an automatic) for the higher stall.

GLK9MM

Martin:

Old cheep Stall Conveter Trick. Get a 8 inch VEGA/Monza Torque Converter and drill the flex plate for it. Not something I would recomend.

Aftermarket Stall Converters come in sides from 14 inch to 8 inch. Concivibly you could have either a 8 inch or a 14 inch 5000 RPM Stall Speed. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

That is retarded. (And I'm not shooting the messenger...just saying.....re - tard - ded. Like something Tarver would do.)

Again....retarded. I'd buy a 13" to 14" after market TC and that'll get you anywhere from 4000-5000 depending on the maker.

GLK9MM

I know your not shooting the messenger...

Some aftermarket manufactors/remanufactors use differ side converters. Unless your someone like me who will pay for what you want, no matter the cost. Your stuck with what they will sell you.

The 8 ich vega converter trick is still being done. Heck on TH700R4/TH4L60E's the trick is to use a 2.8 TH700R4 converter behind a V8. If that aint wrong I don't know what is.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Lol... wow..its been a while since I've heard that name.. .

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (151k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR