oil leak

I recently built up a 383 and I am having trouble with a oil leak I hope you can help me with.   When  I "get on it"  traveling down the highway with  revs over 3500 I get a oil leak out the front seal in the timing cover.  I have replaced that seal once but it still leaks. The engine build up includes a Comp Cams XE268 cam, Scat 9000 Series

383 Cast Crank with 6" rods,  internally balanced , KB 164 pistons , CR of 9.6, Fluidampr #712430, and a stock oil pan .   The heads are modified Vortec with a PCV valve on one side and a breather on the other side.  Under the timing cover the 2 galley plugs are drilled with a #30 drill along with a #30 drill hole in the boss under the cam sprocket, Are these 3 drill holes pumping too much into the timing cover area ?   The transmission  is a Bowtie Overdrive 700r4 and a rear end gear of 3.36. It cruises in 4th at 2 grand on the tach and 70 mph on the speedo ,  a real nice gutsy setup, other than this oil leak out the front seal around the crank.
Reply to
fast

Well...the FIRST thing that comes to mind is....

you DID lube the crank and seal BEFORE you put it together...right?

You did make sure that the seal was replaced new before you put it together..right?

and you have more than 1400 or so miles on it since you did this..RIGHT???

Reply to
CBHvac

How sure are you that it is the front seal? I seen the exact same symtoms and the problem was not the seal but the engine builder forgot to put in the short bolt near the fuel pump boss. You know, the one used to hold the fuel pump push rod.

Reply to
David McNally