Oil leak - intake manifold LT1

I'm looking for some advice on replacing the intake manifold gasket for the LT1. I have a Chilton and Hayne's repair book but still want someone with experience to tell the hands on story.
Is this something an amateur with mediocre mechanical abilities can tackle with a set of sockets and wrenches or am I looking at some potential disasters with sensors and the injection system? and should I change out something else while having it appart?
The oil is leaking from the back of the intake as I run my hand back there and get it on my fingers, apparently a common occurance according to what I've read.
I can smell the hot motor oil at times and see a small area of stain beneath the car. Of course there is evidence of an oil leak from a drop clinging to the bottom of the engine/transmission. I seem to be losing about a quart of oil in a little less than 2,000 miles. I change the oil between 2 and 3k anyway but the oil stain on new concrete is an embarrassment. ;)
thanks
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:14:46 GMT, "Messenger"

I don't have experience with that, but I have experience with Chilton and Haynes. Do yourself a favor and get a REAL service manual. Go to www.helminc.com