Oil Pan Question

I'm thinking on replacing my oil pan and gasket on my v6 1990 firebird. It seems as if I'll have to unbolt the exhaust and possibly lift the engine a
little to get the oil pan out. My question is, what else can I replace at the same time that would be a good idea to replace? The oil pump doesn't appear to be expensive, so I was thinking about replacing that (because that's inside the pan, right?). Any other suggestions? Thanks, -Ben
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary