Oil pressure

Today after my car heated up and was running hotter than usuall the oil pressure went kinda low like down between the 30lbs and zero. simply put like if a gas gauge was on 1/4 tank thats where my oil pressure was at the
1/4 mark seeing that 30lbs is halfway. Now its not in the danger zone and the car was running pretty toasty. Should I be worried. Lastly the car a couple times made a banging sound. But not like a continuouse rapping like you would hear if the oil pump was bad just a bang and it would only happen when the car is in gear. Thanks for all the help so far I really appreciate it, thanks Tom
Tom wrote:

pressure is ok for a stock oil system and motor. As for the banging sound? That sounds like the transmission mount is either loose (lost the bolts to the crossmember or tranny like mine did) or is broken like my first one did, which later lost the bolts because the "mechanic" who replaced it for me didn't use locktight on them. When the tranny mount is bad, the back of the tranny tends to hit the underside of the chassis under some conditions, usually exclusively when in gear. Mine would do so if I punched it.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI