Old topic, good example

Way back when, when SSIN was new, and there were a few other newbies in here, we used to get into pissing matches about why kids and speed didnt mix...

Here is a PRIME example why.

Two days after he got his licence...

CBhvac

"CBhvac"

see when i got my licence it wasn't my first time driving. i'd been stealing cars since i was 14. ( years and years go) got my licence at 18. but some how you don't feel as bad wreaking someone else's car compared to when you smash your own.

i'm glad i never hurt anyone except myself. knowing how fast shit can happen when driving i'm amazed how well i made out.

--

S.S.I.N.

S.S.I.N. Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Hey Ssin, I know this is off topic, but who do you go thru for the no-ip.com dns hosting?

I go thru dyndns.org, but am always looking for something better...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

"Thund3rstruck"

"no-ip.com" ofcourse it's free if you have the no-ip in the addy. domain names are $20usd a year

--

S.S.I.N.

free redirection to your website that is.

--

S.S.I.N.

Hey NoOp. Long time, no see. I miss the gang at RAMFM...

He was...a Mustang GT.

What did the police report say? You see, we can second guess this for months, but unless we were at the scene, there is no way anyone here will have all the information. From what little I read, it was inexperience that I feel would be the main cause, followed up by excessive speed...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Patrick, You're a putz.

Perhaps you're being argumentative simply for the sake of being argumentative, but even after Steve took the time to give background to his statements, you're STILL arguing that speed isn'tt to blame.

I'll give you this, speed isn't to blame. Velocity, conservation of momentum, and massive accleration from 75 to 0 is to blame. This is called simply physics ... look into it.

GLK9MM

GLK9MM spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

My vote is "Argumentative." This is the reason why he and CJ don't get along.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruc_N0i

"GLK9MM" wrote in message news:...

Martin,

You see a tragedy like this and you have to point the finger at something. You can't point it directly at the poor victims. Oh no, that's being cruel! It just couldn't be their poor judgment. Oh god no, they were "good kids." And you can't blame the driver of truck that hit them head on. That poor guy has to live with that lapse of attention for the rest of his life. So what else is there? Well, there is always that old villain, speed. Yep, so that's what it was... speed killed them. And worse yet, the parents gave them the speed in the form of a powerful car. You see young drivers never get killed if they're driving a minivan, pickup truck, or a FWD Honda. No, never! They never "play" around when they're driving those types of vehicles. Plus, the police said it was speed that killed them! And you know the highway revenue collectors... I mean police officers; they would NEVER have a reason to chalk up another accident to speed. Certainly not! They're more concerned with: drivers that never use their blinkers to change lanes, tailgaters, the rolling left-lane road blocks, vehicles with bald tires/worn out shocks/struts, the bobbers and weavers, etc. So there you have it, Martin. An open and shut case -- good weather, good visibility, newer vehicles, and all were attentive drivers. The powerful car sped up to the ungodly speed of 75 mph, careened out of control, and ran head on into the tow truck. No one was to blame, except speed. Case closed.

See ya in the slow lane, Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Oh look, nothing is left.

The kids were out of control, not the vehicles. I absolutely blame the kids; where in my previous post did I even intimate that they were not at fault? I sure as shit ain't going to blame the guy driving the truck. Sounds to me like the vehicles did exactly what they were supposed to do. On a well maintained vehicle, 75mph ain't shit until you hit an object three times your mass moving in the opposite direction at a 55mph velocity.

Ever heard of things I like to call...oh...Law of Conservation of Momentum? Newton's 1st and 2nd Laws of Universal Gravitation? Do you have any concept of the ammount of force that produces? Why am I asking, of course you don't. You don't seem to understand that the vehicles acclerate at a rate of (assuming neither vehicle is accelerating at the time and moving at a constant velocity) +4000mph in less than a second. All that force has to go somewhere; lo' and behold, the occupants of the vehicle with lesser mass took a greater brunt of the released kinetic energy. Hmmm....might it be that speed really is what killed the kids?

Once again, it's called simple physics. Look into it.

Stupidity doesn't kill people, the concequences of their stupidity does. I'm sure we'll be seeing your headline real soon. We can put on your tombstone, "It wasn't the speed that killed me, it was BECAUSE I WAS A COMPLETE DUMB SHIT!"

Buh bye now asshat troll boi.

PLONK!

GLK9MM

Hello, Thunderstruck. How's things going? You should stop by over there once in a while.

Yeah, I caught that in a later post. Thanks. I think the key issue was the passing in a no passing zone. And that's all about stupidity, or again, maybe just not paying attention. So that's why I'm saying that speed was NOT the cause in this case.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Let it go dude...let it go.

It's obvious to me that Patrick is a troll. One of the first rules of trolling is to twist what the other party says.

It's clear he doesn't understand simple physics nor common sense for that matter. S'why I plonked the lil' bastard. ('sides, look at his headers. you KNOW what I can do to this guy, but I just don't have the time.)

Stop feeding the troll and maybe he'll just shoo.

GLK9MM

Patrick spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

NoOp, I have to ask. Did CJ plonk you or something? You normally have these type of discussions with him...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_N0i

GLK9MM spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

He and CJ used to argue like this all the time. Hrm. Ah. That explains why he hasn't replied to me. (my posts are not archiving... )

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_N0i

OK. Nix that last one...

Patrick spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

No idea who I am, eh? No biggie. If you're curious see you in IRC some night...and I'll tell you the story then.

Personally, from what little I saw, I believe it was:

1) speed 2) inexperience 3) a bad decision

After I got my license, my parents did not want me doing anything stupid. I was restricted to what I drove, where I drove, when I drove, and who I was with. Sure, my parents said I was a good kid, but they knew that there were things I was bound to try behind their back.

Too bad these kid's parents didn't feel the same way. Some senseless deaths might have been avoided...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_N0i

Thanks, Jimmy. She lived to be 92 and was really active up into her late 80's. She lived a good wholesome life and it showed. She was never sick a day in her life.

Well, thank you again! My first test drive of a '98 6-speed Z/28 had me all giggly with the virtues of the LS1. It's a sweet motor that has only gotten better. I'm just hoping the rumours are true and GM builds another Cambird. Wouldn't you just love to see Version 2 (the LS2) powering a pony car? Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

the other car.

You mean if his brain would have been a little bigger he wouldn't have been passing in a no-passing zone.

No, you need to reread it. "Some blame _may_ also go to the driver of the truck. Unless this kid just suddenly swerved out, that truck driver should have seen him coming and been able to veer off to the side of the road."

Notice the use of "may". If you see a car coming straight at you, you don't just go head-on into him. Agreed?

Yeah, right. Looks like I'll be up to a dollar soon.

A car going 55 mph being passed by another car going 75 mph is pretty routine stuff. Agreed? The difference in this case was the 75 mph car trying to do it in a no-passing zone. This difference was the cause of this accident. Speed is just the scape goat because no one wants to say that this "good kid" messed up by either ignoring or just didn't notice the no-passing signs.

Good ol' human nature... it's easier to point the blame at something (speed in this case) rather than admit we made a mistake. Patrick

Reply to
Patrick