OT: Ebay Stuff

Since a few members of this newsgroup sell stuff on Ebay. I was thinking about either a yahoo group or a ebay group to discuss our listings.

Any thoughts? Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I like the idea. And it would keep the off topic stuff off the group.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro" or should it be "TransMaro"?) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Yes I think it would be a great idea. I've never been on any Ebay group, though I'm a regular on

. I'm always looking to swap or sell/buy old car parts, but E-vil Bay is so risky, as you mentioned in your other post, Charles....

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Ebay is risky. Yet with the way swap meets are going, Ebay is a good alternitive. If I ever get time, I have around 2 Semi Trailers worth of parts I need to list for friends. Plus a Short Bus full of parts. Plus atleast 30 cars. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

This group isnt so busy . Wouldn't it stand a few FS: postings ?

I haven't been in this group for long but I have noticed anything for sale seems to be frowned upon.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

An occasional Bird or a couple of parts for sale generally isn't a problem (Link to a website for pics, a short description with prices, and an email addy for instance). The problem comes in when you start getting Ebay commercial sellers spamming the group, folks who add nothing but for sale posts, or posts with stuff for sale that is totally off-topic. I think the separate Yahoo or Ebay group is a great idea. Besides keeping the number of for sale posts down, it might also be nice that if you live in an area were something is being sold, and the potential buyer is long distance, maybe arrangements could be made via that group to act as each others remote eyes and ears.

Reply to
FBR