OT :Nitrous oxide

Hi guys!
A friend and me were having a discussion about nitrous oxide, and we wonder:
What exactly happens when one triggers the gas? Is there an insane increase in RPM or what?
Just wondering, - any answers will be apreciated.
PS: I live in Norway, and so far I've not heard about any road cars equipped with NOx in Norway
Thanx
J.I. Sorensen Norway
"Jan Ivar Srensen" wrote:

Best description is like a turbo kicking in, or a 10mph rear ender. The car just "jumps" forward. A 100hp shot isn't that bad - but I can break the street tires loose in second gear. A 250hp shot would need a progressive controller or slicks just to be useable.
--
Ray

--== http://www.rollingviolation.com ==--
mph

CBHvac wrote:

Then you write a better description. ;)
With a 75 hp shot, I was actually expecting more. My car has a switch on the console and a full throttle trigger, so I can go full throttle and hit the button - the car immediately "picks up" like a turbo'ed car would, and you go about 10mph faster VERY quickly, but it's not THAT nuts. I need to put up my in car run video clip on my website...
They have progressive controllers now to soften the kick for guys running a lot more juice than I am. My kit is the basic 100hp dry Holley LS1 kit. Nothing else - not even a window switch or rev limiter. (next year.)
Ray
on BFG Comp T/As. You can do lots with nitrous if you don't mind using a bottle each pass. ;^)
Dave(NOS is like American Express - don't leave home without it)
poncho462 wrote:

That must be a hell of a kick - even with a progressive controller. That's about a 250 shot? Doesn't sound like much until you realize that's more power-adder than a 92 'Bird came with total. :)
Ray