OT: Way OT

Enh...get a load of this dude. Dunno WHAT the hell he's thinking.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/7/6/73721376.htm
    Martin     '01 Formula -    MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,
            SLP Cold Air Induction & Smooth Intake Bellow             Corsa Catback w/Premium Tips     '83 V45 Magna

Ruined a perfectly good Magna....

CBHVAC wrote:

Exactamundo!
--
Martin
'01 Formula - MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,
I read in a recent issue of CycleWorld about a Disabled Vet who served in the middle east (lost his legs). He built a trike from a 2003 GSXR 1000. I wish I could find the write up. He did a good job.

bikerbob wrote:

More power to him. Glad he didn't destroy a vintage SabMag.
--
Martin
'01 Formula - MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,

Thats your opinion and you are welcome to it!
I like American Iron, and OLD limy stuff. Such as old Norton's, BSA's,

Who the hell but a yuppee Harley rider, buys a bike for an investment? Collectors maybe, but not a real biker. Tell me who Harley was trying to copy with the Vrod. A 1000cc water cooled double over head cam V twin engine that a certain Euro company helped them develope. The motor was built so Harley could race in AMA super bike series. They couldn't even get enough HP out of it to compete with the 600 Super Sport class. And on top of that AMA had to bend the rules so Harley could race (you have to manufacture 200 units to be legal) So to recoup there loss's they put it in a street bike and dubbed it a VROD, it was aimed directly at Yamaha's VMAX. Man they shot at the wrong target with that one. The 1st heads up road test between them, the VMAX mauled it. I like Harley Davidson, they have come along way in the passed few years, and I give them credit for that. But I have little respect for the way they always want to bend the rules (tarriffs, prostock(not even a HD block),dirt track, battle of the twins ect ect ect) so they can compete with the rest of the world, who seem to be able to produce enough different models to satisfy different riding preferences. No not Harley, it does not matter what model you buy they are all cruisers with the same out dated air cooled push rod V twins. The very least they could do is sell a few vrod motors to Eric Buell so at least the "minority" could buy a decent Harley based sport bike.

ya,
engine
HP
AMA
shot
them,
they
block),dirt
of
satisfy
Buell
If I build a H-D, I plan to ride it for a few years and sell it to the first sucker-fish, with a fist full of cash.Then I will restore and rebuild another one. Servi-Cars command a bit of change. If you modify them they lose almost all value. Hell I think Harley did them right from the start, except for the lower compression heads. Those are old school blocks. Flat Heads with the valves in the block.
As for the yuppie comment, your far from the mark. Hell I laid my first H-D sportster down before I know I could pay for a decent used Corvette with it. Charles
"If I build a H-D, I plan to ride it for a few years and sell it to the first sucker-fish, with a fist full of cash." I wouldn't think you would have to find a "sucker-fish" to buy the most revered brand of motor cycle on the face of the earth. I stand by my, and add to my yuppy/poser/uppermiddle class /lawyer/doctor/engineer/suburban dweller statement. As they are by far the majority buyer for NEW Harley's.

New? I'm talking old H-D's. Servi-Cars were made from the 40's thru the 70's. Long before the A-M-F years. Yet the 1976's fall in to that Area, yet were unchanged mechanically as far as I know.
Basically selling one is a kin to selling a classic car. Something like Crossworth Vega. To the right person it's worth some money. To Joe Average it's not.
Especially when you start talking about bikes with a foot clutch and a hand shifter. While they are back in fashion with the high end "Builders", the masses are scared of them.
As for the term Sucker-Fish, that comes from a 1%'er I know. It's used to describe people who have no clue about what they are buying, or what to look for. Charles