Overheating problem

So I have replaced my thermostat and my electric fan motor on my car, and the radiator is less than a year old. I have the proper coolant level and no leaks. When I drive, it starts out at a low temp, and climbs to 195
F when the thermostat kicks in. Then about 5 - 10 minutes later, the temp starts to climb again. I haven't let it get past 220 F before shutting it off. Should I pull my water pump? Is there anything else it could be?
1990 Firebird V6 3.1L
--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
FSUguy wrote:

repeatedly. If it continues to rise after 220 up to about 240 then I would get worried. It may go just above the 220 line and then drop back down at that point. I would also make sure that the fans are coming on around 210 to 220 as if they are not you probably have a problem with the temp sensor that activates the fans (this is a seperate sensor that only does that function).
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer

FSUguy wrote:

That is a test better preformed in the driveway at home. Just let it run with the hood open. Look & Listen for the fans. Fan relays like to crap out too, check them and the temp switch. Charles