Parts Help: Opti-Spark Distributor-4Th. Gen 94 LT-1

Jack P.
Would any of the posters on camaro.firebird happen to know of a mail order seller of electric distributors for our 5.7 Ltr. LT-1 engines. I need the now popular Opti-Spark Distributor, but I was looking for a more economical source than the typical dealer. I was looking for some source outside of J.C. Whitney, e.t.c which may be a little off the beaten path.

Try:
http://www.rockauto.com / and http://www.gmpartsdirect.com /
GM parts direct is cheaper, but their shipping is more expensive. Make sure you buy a brand new genuine AC Delco unit. Not a rebuild. New comes complete with cap and rotor, which is $140 is you buy them separate. If you buy a rebuilt unit with the cap and rotor separate, it's only about $20 less than brand new. - Gary
Jack P.
Would any of the posters on camaro.firebird happen to know of a mail order seller of electric distributors for our 5.7 Ltr. LT-1 engines. I need the now popular Opti-Spark Distributor, but I was looking for a more economical source than the typical dealer. I was looking for some source outside of J.C. Whitney, e.t.c which may be a little off the beaten path.
Juan B. Polk, Systems Engineer U. S. Dept. of State, IBB
Gary thanks a lot it is really appreciated. Is that your "ham handle"?.
--
JUAN POLK
"Gary - KQ6RT" <kq6rt(NoMoreSpam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
You guessed it. KQ6RT is my Ham radio callsign. Also the license plate on my '96 Z28. - Gary

http://www.dynotech-eng.com/dynaspark.htm
http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm
There has been plenty of talk about OptiSparks on CamaroZ28.com message board. Go to the site, and go to the forum and do a search for OptiSpark or DynaSpark.. You will get tons of results with TONS on good, useful info.
Hope this helps with the fix. I just replaced my opti on my car about 2 months ago. =)
Good luck,
Daniel
/DIV> <DIV>Jack P.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Would any of the posters on camaro.firebird happen to know of a mail order seller of electric distributors for our 5.7 Ltr. LT-1 engines.&nbsp;&nbsp; I need the now popular Opti-Spark Distributor, but I was looking for a more economical source than the typical dealer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was looking for some source outside of J.C. Whitney, e.t.c which may be a little off the beaten path.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Juan B. Polk, Systems Engineer U. S. Department of State, IBB
Dan thanks very much for your installation. I was just designing a replacement for my opti-spark unit. I was going to build one of my own using more modern technology.
-- JUAN POLK
/DIV> <DIV>Jack P.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Would any of the posters on camaro.firebird happen to know of a mail order seller of electric distributors for our 5.7 Ltr. LT-1 engines.&nbsp;&nbsp; I need the now popular Opti-Spark Distributor, but I was looking for a more economical source than the typical dealer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was looking for some source outside of J.C. Whitney, e.t.c which may be a little off the beaten path.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A href="http://www.grisoft.com ">http://www.grisoft.com </A>).<BR>Version: 6.0.542 / Virus Database: 336 - Release Date: 11/18/03</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=
Call Toll Free at 1-877-726-8295 or Email us at snipped-for-privacy@samtaylor.com
Ask For Jason Cromer
An excellent source of OEM GM parts. Good service and prices.
Rich Krause
/DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV>Jack P.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Would any of the posters on camaro.firebird happen to know of a mail order seller of electric distributors for our 5.7 Ltr. LT-1 engines.&nbsp;&nbsp; I need the now popular Opti-Spark Distributor, but I was looking for a more economical source than the typical dealer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was looking for some source outside of J.C. Whitney, e.t.c which may be a little off the beaten path.</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=