PCM reset

Talking with a friend at work, an interesting point.was made that ANY change to the system should be followed by a PCM reset. Even though the computer will eventually adjust itself to performance changes, it takes "warm-up cycles" for the computer to settle in on correct settings. A PCM reset will establish new settings from the factory baseline. For instance; my new open exhaust will likely cause a lean condition. The computer will eventually adjust everything to this condition but it could take hundreds of warm-up cycles to get to the place it needs to be. Especially if it is working its way from a non-factory point of reference.

I just thought to throw this out to see if there are other opinions and information.

Regards

Reply to
Messenger

If it takes"hundreds" of cycles you have sensor or pcm issues.

Reply to
FBR