PCM reset

Talking with a friend at work, an interesting point.was made that ANY change to the system should be followed by a PCM reset. Even though the computer
will eventually adjust itself to performance changes, it takes "warm-up cycles" for the computer to settle in on correct settings. A PCM reset will establish new settings from the factory baseline. For instance; my new open exhaust will likely cause a lean condition. The computer will eventually adjust everything to this condition but it could take hundreds of warm-up cycles to get to the place it needs to be. Especially if it is working its way from a non-factory point of reference.
I just thought to throw this out to see if there are other opinions and information.
Regards

change
will
open
If it takes"hundreds" of cycles you have sensor or pcm issues.